COVID-19: Help for Franchises during the Coronavirus Pandemic
Whether you are a franchisee or franchisor COVID-19 has been a formidable obstacle to tackle in maintaining a successful franchise business. In this time of crisis it’s important for franchisors and franchisees to keep effective working relationships going.
We are helping many of our franchisee clients in one of the hardest hit sectors, food and retail, to do just that. We can assist you through addressing the following concerns and taking into account your specific circumstances.
Has your franchisor:
- Continued to charge you the same fees (franchise fee, marketing fees and the like) during COVID-19;
- Continued to charge you the same licence or lease fees for your premises during COVID-19;
- Changed the services you provide to customers;
- Put in place more fees or alternative fees for you to pay during COVID-19;
- Continued to expect you to maintain your contractual obligations during COVID -19;
- Stopped or avoided communicating with you?
If you answered yes to any of the above or are having difficulty dealing with your landlord in obtaining rent relief, we can help you.
Our franchise lawyers are up to date with all the latest legislative changes which compel franchisors and landlords to address the issues franchisees and tenants are facing during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Call 03 9550 4600 to speak with Vincent Caruso, Commercial & Franchise Lawyer, about your particular situation.