Finally some Relief to the Lot Owners of Lacrosse Tower in Docklands over Cladding
Lately there has been much discussion (and confusion) surrounding who is responsible for the rectification of defective cladding. There is no direct answer to this question and it will be decided on a case by case basis. The Lacrosse tower was the first prominent case in Victoria relating to combustible cladding. The fire in Lacrosse tower occurred in November 2014. It started when a late-night cigarette left in a plastic container by a French tourist on a working visa ignited on a balcony located on the eighth floor and, in turn, raced up combustible cladding being Aluminium Composite Panels (ACPs) on the building's exterior.