Building Dispute Resolution Useful Links

Domestic Building Dispute Resolution Victoria (DBDRV) - From 26 April 2017, builders and building owners must apply to resolve their domestic building dispute through DBDRV before making an application to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT).

A guide to Domestic Building Dispute Resolution Victoria

Consumer Affairs Victoria - Building Disputes, Defects and Delays (CAV) - Information for Homeowners

Consumer Affairs Victoria - Builders and Tradespeople (CAV) - Information for Builders

Victorian Building Authority (VBA) - Information on complaints, disputes and appeals.

Domestic Building Insurance (DBI) - Information from the Victorian Managed Insurance Authority (VMIA) on domestic building insurance.  DBI provides cover to a homeowner where the contracted building work is incomplete or defective and the builder has died, disappeared, or become insolvent.