Advising employers on contracts, rights, options, costs and possible outcomes
The law relating to employment and industrial relations is complex and drawn from a wide variety of sources - Federal and state legislation, awards, collective agreements and common law make up the mosaic that is employment law. It is important that legal advice is obtained on specific employment contracts or workplace situations.
We can assist employers in the drafting of letters of engagement, through to the preparation of more formal employment contracts for executives. In addition, we can advise and draft, where required, policies and procedures documents in relation to matters such as occupational health and safety, harassment, discrimination and discipline.
- confidentiality and restraints of trade
- discrimination and sexual harassment claims
- employee, independent contractor & consultancy contracts
- employment and anti-discrimination advice
- prevention and management of industrial relations disputes
- restructuring and redundancies
- the Fair Work Act 2009
- unfair, unjust or harsh dismissal claims