Financial Agreements can be entered into before or during de facto relationships/marriage, after separation or after divorce. Financial Agreements before marriage are also known as ‘pre-nuptial’ agreements.
A Financial Agreement can cover:
- property and financial settlement (including superannuation entitlements)
- financial resources, and/or spousal maintenance of the parties or
- issues incidental to those matters.
A Legally Binding Financial Agreement means that:
- both parties need independent legal advice in relation to a Financial Agreement and
- a Solicitor must complete a Certificate confirming they have given a party advice.
For information about consent orders and court orders please contact our office on 9550 4600.
Appointments to see our family and divorce lawyers can be made in either our Melbourne office or our Mount Waverley office, in the South East of Melbourne.
Visit our law firm for more.