John is a practitioner in the areas of property law and conveyancing and also in the areas of wills, succession and probate and provides general advice to his clients.
Throughout his career as a third generation partner of EP Johnson & Davies (now merged with Hicks Oakley Chessell Williams), John has acted for multiple generations of families. Some of these families have been clients of the firm since the early 1900's.
John has advised in the following areas:
- Wills and estates including litigation in the Supreme Court of Victoria
- Trusts and equity matters involving religious and charitable organisations
- Administration of complex deceased estates and administration of assets of persons with a disability
- Commercial and residential real estate matters
He enjoys maintenance and improvement of heritage properties and adventurous travelling.
- Supreme Court of Victoria
- High Court of Australia
Memberships and Committees
- John has been a non-executive Director of several large not-for-profit organisations involved in Aged Care and Academic Advancement
- Law Institute of Victoria