Lachlan Vallance, Will and Estate Lawyer, leads our wills and estates team in our Melbourne law firm and deals with all matters in a timely and sensitive manner with the utmost discretion.
He provides advice on all estate planning matters, from drawing simple wills to more complex testamentary trusts, powers of attorney (financial &/or personal), advance care directives, appointment of a medical treatment decision maker, inheritances and superannuation issues.
Lachlan also deals with deceased estate administration and obtaining grants of representation (probate/letters of administration), and can provide advice on challenges to wills and claims against estates. He has the practical understanding of the legal and taxation issues required to deal with all wills and estates matters.
He can assist with your succession planning whether it be superannuation and life insurance or planning what will happen to your business. As Lachlan is from a farming family and understands the current social and economic factors that farming families are faced with he is well placed to advise our rural community on the realities of farm succession planning.
As well as being a Law Institute of Victoria Accredited Specialist in Wills & Estates Lachlan is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP). STEP is a global professional association for practitioners who specialise in family inheritance and succession planning.
- Doyle's Guide - Lachlan Vallance, voted by his peers in the category of Leading Wills & Estates Litigation Lawyers - Victoria, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015
- Lachlan Vallance and Andrea Bolitho assisted me with a deceased estate case that originally did not belong to your firm, but rather to Weston Gambetta, which is now closed due to Clive Weston retiring. However they were more than happy to assist me in the matter and my brother and I are so thankful for their willingness to help us out. Fabulous service. It looks like we have now found our new family solicitors. Thank you so much.
N V, Wills & Estates Client
- Hi Andrea and Lachlan, We would like to thank you both for your help and guidance in enabling us, as executors, to deal with Mum's affairs and to complete probate and the administration of her estate. The journey was a new one for both of us, and the recommendation to use HOCW by a friend was definitely a good one. We will happily direct work to your office. Your help, in cheerful, clear and understandable English, made our task far easier, and more fulfilling."
E W & R W, Wills & Estates Client
Lachlan's interests include travel, playing football and tennis, running and working on the family farm on the weekends.
- Bachelor of Laws - University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Commerce - University of Melbourne
- Accredited Specialist - Wills and Estates - Law Institute of Victoria
- Trust and Estate Practitioner
- Supreme Court of Victoria
- High Court of Australia
Memberships and Committees
- Law Institute of Victoria
- BNI Australia
- Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Board of Directors of the Monash Children's Centre