Conveyancing is the process of transferring ownership of a property from a seller to a buyer. To ensure that the sale process runs as smoothly as possible it’s wise to engage a solicitor as your conveyancer. We can prepare and review all documentation required for the sale, including the vendor’s statement and the contract of sale.
Other reasons to engage a specialist property lawyer as your conveyancer may include more complex issues that arise such as: subdividing land; updating a title and registering, changing or removing an easement.
Buying and selling real estate and buying and selling property - there are many things for you to consider and our conveyancers and property lawyers have the experience to help you with what could be one of the largest transactions you will ever enter into.
We will keep you informed of the costs, fees and charges associated with buying and selling property. We can answer your question about whether you should ask a conveyancer or a lawyer to assist you with your particular property purchase or property sale.
Hicks Oakley Chessell Williams property lawyers and conveyancers provide services in the following areas:
- auction contracts
- buying & selling property "off the plan"
- buying & selling retirement village units/apartments
- contracts of sale
- general property related issues
- leases - commercial & retail
- loan agreements & mortgages
- mortgage & guarantee advice
- owners corporation law
- retirement village contracts
- section 32 vendor's statement
- transfer of land between spouses & family members
Searches from on-line service providers:
- bankruptcy & insolvency searches
- company & business name searches
- company monitoring
- land titles office searches
- trade mark searches
- rate and planning searches
Our experienced and professional conveyancing lawyers based in Melbourne and Mount Waverley are able to assist with your conveyancing in Victoria.
Hicks Oakley Chessell Williams is a member of Property Exchange Australia (PEXA),
Australia's online property exchange network.
Our property law and conveyancing team are located at both our Melbourne office and our Mount Waverley office, a South Eastern suburb of Melbourne.
Visit our law firm for more.